There’s an old proverb that women can’t have too many clothes or too many jewellery. It is true certainly! Women love their clothes and jewellery and always look for chances to display their best collection. Be it a friend’s marriage or sister’s engagement, we always want to look flawless with our best set of the jewellery collection. As soon as a big jewellery brand launches the new collection, we are excited to stumble upon it and buy some beautiful piece of jewellery.
It can be a neckpiece, a ring or earring, doesn’t matter. Jewellery items are available in a variation of metals, but our love for gold is never ending and always keeps a special place in our hearts. One can call it the tradition or culture of India, its charm fills us with enormous pleasure.
The popularity of gold has risen over the years and one can’t think a marriage without this metal. But, here are some fascinating facts you didn’t know about gold:
- Gold was found back in 4000 B.C, it is the first metal in human race adopted in making jewellery. Gold was actually invented before stones.
- Dentists used to use gold wire to fix artificial teeth back in 7th Century B.C. and for cavity fills in the 16th century.
- In 1532, when America was first being established, the Spaniards which had arrived in Peru found a huge assortment of gold, at that time the collection was biggest ever collected in history.
Picture Courtesy: www.youwall.com
- A man named Conrad Reed is the first one to find gold, he found out a 17-pound chunk of gold on his father’s farm. However, it would never come to knowledge if they wouldn’t use that as a doorstep. After using it for 3 years as a doorstep, a jeweller recognized it.
- The reed family could turn into a rich family if they knew about the real value of that doorstep. The part of rock could turn into $100000 in today’s money. They traded it to the jeweller and got $3.50 from him. The family is recognized for the father of goldmine.
Picture Courtesy: blogspot.com
- As James Bond said you in the movie Gold finger, there’s nothing as ‘skin suffocation’; but, the crew of the film wasn’t not conscious of this, so while covering heroine Shirley Eaton in gold paint, they left a small patch on her stomach.
- India has world’s highest users of gold for ornaments and decorative objects. Our country has 20% of users of world’s total users.
Picture Courtesy: youtube.com
This metal has durability and has been highly recognized throughout the history, so humans are always recycling it and using it from the time it has made. 85 % of all gold ever discovered on this earth is still being utilized till date.
Can you ever imagine that in some buildings windows are covered with gold? Because in summer it helps to bounce sunlight and in winters it retain heat.
Gold always excite women and when it’s created in some beautiful design by designer, we can’t help ourselves to praising them and gazing them.