We all know that Dubai is the very happening place for a weekend. There are lots of activities and event to enjoy the weekend, But what to do, if you are searching for place or activity for your weekdays? Well here are few things you can enjoy.
1. You can Sign up for membership at Dubai Public Library with the latest Dubai Culture app. Subscribers will be able to reserve books, classrooms, publications, and multi-purpose halls. You can log in dubaiculture.gov.ae and also have access to a large number of e-books within the library’s Al Manhal and Gale databases of relating books and academic articles or check.
Picture Courtesy: www.lammhultsbiblioteksdesign.com
2. Hey ladies, quite bored with ladies nights? Than Forget Ladies Night. Happiness Island in the city has taken things a step ahead at Taboo 101. Ladies Day by the Pool is a separate area reserved for ladies and couples. You can just Relax on the sun beds, have a swim or enjoy the unique bar covered by the waterfall. A female DJ will play ambient lounge tunes from 4pm onwards. In just Dhs200, Dhs150 of food and beverage. It’s just a speedboat ride away. Just check on this number before making plans, its 02 652 6777.
Picture Courtesy: dubainight.com
3. Jamie Raven, expert in illusions, and his card tricks have amazed the crowds globally and the British magician is set to delight the crowds in Abu Dhabi. Jamie said: ’There are all sorts of magic; we’ve got the close-up style shown right under people’s noses alongside the impressive scale illusions.’ You can see Jamie plays at Emirates Palace on Fri and Sat, at 8pm. or check abudhabisummerseason.ae for more knowledge.
Picture Courtesy: www.web-release.info
4. Dubai Summer Surprises (dubaisummersurprises.com) gets started on Saturday, and its means 43 days of family fun, shopping and dining over the city. There are live shows over a number of malls and also lots of fun workshops for the kids.
Picture Courtesy: www.visitdubai.com
5. This option is for comedy lovers. You can plan for local comedy as the King Gong night back to the Courtyard Playhouse on Monday. The audience chooses how long a comedian lasts on stage, so use your vote and experience a great night. The Courtyard Playhouse is at Al Quoz at 8 p.m.
The Laughter Factory rocks into action too, with the 1st show of the month taking place on next Wednesday at the Park Rotana, Abu Dhabi. Sean Collins, a UK-based Canadian, will be presenting the punchlines along with previous Job Centre employee Michael Fabbri and the highly-rated Ola. Starting From 8pm, or call 04 355 1862 for more information or log in thelaughterfactory.com.
Picture Courtesy: www.thelaughterfactory.com
CHOICES TO CONSIDER
ROY AYERS – Roy Ayers is The Godfather of neo-soul. He will play Rogue Trader in DIFC on Fri and Sat. entry in Dhs200 or for food and drinks in Dhs669. call on 04 343 5518 for more information.
DENNIS FERRERDENNIS FERRER – This New York maestro requires little introduction. Come and celebrate the new season on Friday by experiencing a classic Ferrer set at Provocateur in the 4 Seasons. For more information call 04 343 8411.
GAPPY RANKSGAPPY RANKS – The famous English dancehall star jets in for a unique show at the Music Room on coming Thursday and Enjoy a great night of reggae tones in Bur Dubai. For information call 04 501 2534.
RIPE MARKET (MARKET FORCES) – Pick up some fresh fruit and vegetables as the Ripe Summer Market is back to Times Square Centre on Saturday. There’s live song, hair braiding, nail art, and a petting zoo at the exclusive Eid market which lasts from 9 am to 3 pm or check out ripeme.com.